Scared

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Scared

Post by Goofydoofy »

It is kind of scary how Daybreak is trying like hell to make extra money. I have a feeling this isn't going to go good in a couple years.
Level 114 Druid, Level 111 Enchanter, Level 111 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Farrens
Whee!

Re: Scared

Post by Farrens »

Been on borrowed time for a while. Just gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

Derdarr
Whee!

Post by Derdarr »

So you'd rather they didn't try to make money? I can tell you that would be a quicker way to see the game disappear. I am glad to see them trying new ideas, the hot collector's pack being just one idea i never thought we'd see.

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Goofydoofy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:52 am
It is kind of scary how Daybreak is trying like hell to make extra money. I have a feeling this isn't going to go good in a couple years.
What company isn't trying to make money?

For what its worth eq is going to die every year. Look at last year one rando on reddit says they arent making any more expansions and 75% of the game thinks its true.

When eq dies i stop playing, i just dont see it in the super near future.

Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg »

If it was rain of fear collectible I might pick it up.

Farrens
Whee!

Post by Farrens »

Rashod wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:17 pm
Goofydoofy wrote:

For what its worth eq is going to die every year. Look at last year one rando on reddit says they arent making any more expansions and 75% of the game thinks its true.

This is about where I'm at. I do wonder each expansion whether there will be a next one. But to put it simply I would never have bet on the game lasting THIS long to begin with. In anycase I still seem to have fun playing so hopefully all their new ideas can keep things rolling a while longer.

Goofydoofy

Post by Goofydoofy »

Jhereg wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:51 pm
If it was rain of fear collectible I might pick it up.
This is what I was referring too. No, I don't expect them not to try and make money. I just think it seems, to me, a bit desperate selling the above mentioned item.

Goofydoofy

Post by Goofydoofy »

Farrens wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:16 pm
Rashod wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:17 pm
Goofydoofy wrote:

This is about where I'm at. I do wonder each expansion whether there will be a next one. But to put it simply I would never have bet on the game lasting THIS long to begin with. In anycase I still seem to have fun playing so hopefully all their new ideas can keep things rolling a while longer.
I'll be playing the game solo in 20 years on some broken down college server. I've still got lots to do.

Derdarr
Whee!

Post by Derdarr »

selling something people have been asking them to do for years is desperation? i'd call that being smart and responsive to the customers.

Goofydoofy

Post by Goofydoofy »

I've never heard anyone ask for it.

Derdarr
Whee!

Post by Derdarr »

You should get out more

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Derdarr wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:41 am
You should get out more
Just the other day, I was just taking a stroll down the boardwalk and I heard someone ask for it!

All kidding aside, people often ask why they cant buy the old vanity stuff they can't get anymore on the EQ boards. If anyone buys these editions, that means there was a demand. If people will throw you money for stuff that takes no new development time why wouldny you give it to them?

Hell even a few posts above Jhereg seems to want ROF so he can finish the special collection.

Derdarr
Whee!

Post by Derdarr »

Well I was trying to be funny it's not like anybody talks about EQ out In public. But yes every year there's at least a couple of Threads asking why or if they would release or make available previous years extras. I had just replied to one just this past week but But my response was no never . So I was wrong but it was for a newer expansion extra But that they're actually doing it Is a change from past practices.

Tarvas
Whee!

Post by Tarvas »

Goofydoofy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 pm
I'll be playing the game solo in 20 years on some broken down college server. I've still got lots to do.
This. I can't imagine playing another game like this online ever. All the new stuff is utterly uninteresting to me. When I deploy I still replay Elder Scrolls III every time.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg »

Personally I think it makes more business sense for them to release all the items for older expansions as microtransactions. I think a bunch of people would pickup old mounts, illusions, etc. if they were in the $4.99 to $9.99 range each. If you added them up it would be more than a collector edition but also sell easier for the popular items.

Farrens
Whee!

Post by Farrens »

Tarvas wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:15 am
Goofydoofy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 pm
This. I can't imagine playing another game like this online ever. All the new stuff is utterly uninteresting to me. When I deploy I still replay Elder Scrolls III every time.
Morrowind is a thing of beauty.