Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Moderator: Littlabit

Post Reply
Tarvas
Whee!
Posts: 2586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:48 am
Location: Dead in a ditch

Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Tarvas »

Torment of Velious Launch Date!
dreamweaver, post: 3844501, member: 446680 wrote:We know you have all been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the launch date for Torment of Velious, and to be honest so have we! We're thrilled to announce that Torment of Velious will be launching on December 18, 2019!

You'll end up seeing the key art in quite a few different places, including that awesome home painting. But check it out below in all it's glory!

Image

Want to check out beta before launch?

Pre-order today!

and don't forget, this weekend is a holiday in the US, which means bonuses and sales for you, there is more information in the link below!

Here!

One More thing! A quick note regarding pre-orders and expansion purchases. There will be a 72 hour hold on tradeable items in the Friends & Family edition within the period before launch - through the sale of the F&F edition.

What does this mean for you? If you want to make sure the items are tradeable on launch day be sure to buy the edition at least 72 hours before launch day!

We hope your adventures in Norrath continue onward and your preparations to save Velious are going well!
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Image

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse
Posts: 5720
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:33 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD, USA

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Goofydoofy »

$$ Anybody play the Beta? Any comments or info?
Level 114 Druid, Level 111 Enchanter, Level 111 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Farrens
Whee!
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Farrens »

At what time is everything available? Kinda swore off pre-orders.

Farrens
Whee!
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Farrens »

Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:20 pm
At what time is everything available? Kinda swore off pre-orders. That said where are we on raids? I would prefer not to buy til the completion, will this exclude me from raids?

Farrens
Whee!
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Farrens »

Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:24 pm
Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:20 pm
At what time is everything available? Kinda swore off pre-orders. That said where are we on raids? I would prefer not to buy til the completion, will this exclude me from raids?
In short will lvl 115 be required before raid content matches it?
?

User avatar
Littlabit
Meanie
Posts: 3998
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: TN
Contact:

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Littlabit »

We haven't in the past required folks to be max level when expansions first come out, we have took a few days off raiding for the ones who WANT to do task / AA / level but we have never stop folks from raiding who didn't hit max right off. Our rule right now is max -5 levels, and has not changed that I am aware of.
Littlabit D'might 110 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Farrens
Whee!
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Farrens »

Littlabit wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:39 pm
We haven't in the past required folks to be max level when expansions first come out, we have took a few days off raiding for the ones who WANT to do task / AA / level but we have never stop folks from raiding who didn't hit max right off. Our rule right now is max -5 levels, and has not changed that I am aware of.
Just checking and I agree with this. As a gamer I've done the pre-paid idea and usually been burned. ( only exception I have is the long dark. go play it!)

Farrens
Whee!
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Farrens »

Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:43 pm
Littlabit wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:39 pm
We haven't in the past required folks to be max level when expansions first come out, we have took a few days off raiding for the ones who WANT to do task / AA / level but we have never stop folks from raiding who didn't hit max right off. Our rule right now is max -5 levels, and has not changed that I am aware of.
Just checking and I agree with this. As a gamer I've done the pre-paid idea and usually been burned. ( only exception I have is the long dark. go play it!)
Or to put it simply I"ll buy ToV when players can access the whole expantion.

Tarvas
Whee!
Posts: 2586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:48 am
Location: Dead in a ditch

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Tarvas »

Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:00 pm
Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:43 pm
Littlabit wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:39 pm
We haven't in the past required folks to be max level when expansions first come out, we have took a few days off raiding for the ones who WANT to do task / AA / level but we have never stop folks from raiding who didn't hit max right off. Our rule right now is max -5 levels, and has not changed that I am aware of.
Just checking and I agree with this. As a gamer I've done the pre-paid idea and usually been burned. ( only exception I have is the long dark. go play it!)
Or to put it simply I"ll buy ToV when players can access the whole expantion.
You will be able to access the whole expansion minus raids from day one. No locked zoned, no locked raids. Raids will be released on a schedule that doesn't require progression.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Image

Tarvas
Whee!
Posts: 2586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:48 am
Location: Dead in a ditch

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Tarvas »

Absor, post: 3830206, member: 202 wrote:For this expansion we are trying a new thing when it comes to raid progression. We have three tiers of raids, and each tier will open one month per tier after the expansions launches. So, tier 1 will become accessible one month after the expansion launches. Tier 2 two months and tier 3 three months after the expansion opens. No other "progression" is required. So one month after launch anyone can attempt any of the raids in tier 1.

We know this is a pretty significant change for some folks. The goal is to remove the "requirement" for folks to raid during the holidays. It also removes any potentially tedious progression work, allowing you to choose how many times, if any, you wish to complete a raid before moving on to the next.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Image

Farrens
Whee!
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Farrens »

Tarvas wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:47 pm
Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:00 pm
Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:43 pm


Just checking and I agree with this. As a gamer I've done the pre-paid idea and usually been burned. ( only exception I have is the long dark. go play it!)
Or to put it simply I"ll buy ToV when players can access the whole expantion.
You will be able to access the whole expansion minus raids from day one. No locked zoned, no locked raids. Raids will be released on a schedule that doesn't require progression.
Seems I need to quote myself.

Farrens
Whee!
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Farrens »

Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Tarvas wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:47 pm
Farrens wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Or to put it simply I"ll buy ToV when players can access the whole expantion.
You will be able to access the whole expansion minus raids from day one. No locked zoned, no locked raids. Raids will be released on a schedule that doesn't require progression.
Seems I need to quote myself. I see this as an excuse to release at fulll price an un-finished product.

Tarvas
Whee!
Posts: 2586
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:48 am
Location: Dead in a ditch

Re: Dec 18th: Torment of Velious Launch date!

Post by Tarvas »

I am not going to bother to find the post, but Absor I believe answered this question rather well. The bottom line is that they are tuning raids during Beta, not after. Once the Beta population is gone that is it. The product will be finished by design lock for the 18th, their release of raids (tuned during Beta) will be released based on the reasons they gave. I will take the team at their word that the product will be finished by release...or maybe there are 54 paid testers we don't know about to get raids right during Christmas break. /shrug
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Image

Post Reply