Moderator: Littlabit

Tarvas
Whee!

Game Update Notes: January 15, 2020

Post by Tarvas »

Game Update Notes: January 15, 2020
January 15, 2020

*** Highlights ***

- Crusader Vraket in the Eastern Wastes is looking for adventurers who are willing to prove their crafting skills and pay tribute to Rallos Zek.

*** Items ***

- Corrected an issue where right-clicking the Compressed Banquet Complete Set would cause the item to poof with no reward if you didn't have a top level inventory slot open.
- Added a range value to Frostbite, Frost Strike, Spruce Berry Bow, and Sparkling Soul Bow.
- Berserkers can now use Mazicul's Magical Makeup.
- Velium Infused Gem of Striking now fits in all weapons and Reactive Velium Infused Gem of Striking and Complimentary Velium Infused Gem of Striking now fit in all items that have compatible equip slots.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Torment of Velious armor set charms from working correctly.
- Arctic Ornament is now named Arctic Orb, as it was not actually an Ornament.
- The cursed items offered by the yearning inhabitants on the 3rd floor of the Tower of Frozen Shadow are now lore and cannot be traded on free trade ruleset servers.

*** Collections ***

- Increased the drop rate of collectibles within the Broken Mirror mission 'The Head of the Snake'.
- Made the following changes to Torment of Velious collections:
- - All collections should now be acquirable.
- - The Restlessly Shattered collectibles drop from restless dwarves, giants, and orcs in Eastern Wastes.
- - The Useless Tools collectibles drop from restless kobolds and Coldain in the Seeking the Sorcerer mission in Velketor's Labyrinth.
- - Rare NPCs in Kael can now drop collectibles.
- - Geonids in Crystal Caverns no longer drop spider parts.

*** Tradeskills ***

- The tradeskill questline for Torment of Velious is now available.

*** Quests & Events ***

- You Can't Go Back Home - Fixed an issue that could cause the Restless Ry'Gorr to not appear if there was already one there. This prevented two people from completing the task at the same time and would make it so that the second person to scoop up Orctooth would not be able to continue the task without stealing the Restless Ry'Gorr from the other player(s).
- Last of the Storm Boars - Fixed issue that caused pets to sometimes prevent task updates.
- The Way Back Home - Made the following changes to this quest:
- - Reduced the experience and coin granted for completing this quest.
- - The NPC named a restless aged Coldain is no longer unique, which could have prevented her from spawning if multiple groups working on the quest at the same time.
- - The NPC named a restless aged Coldain now has an undead body type and uses a restless ice visual.
- Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears - Rustbottom is now immune to stun, mesmerization, charm, etc.
- Velium Coldain Insignia Ring (8th Ring) - The character that hands in the Marching Orders will now have loot rights for Chief Ry'Gorr.
- Unfettered Emerald Excellence - Made the following changes:
- - Unbearable Heat and Magnificent Presence will no longer apply on aura entry. They will only be applied periodically.
- - In the final phase, suits of armor that spawn will always be of different types.
- - Added logic to have the suits of armor despawn themselves if the raid has been completed.
- - Reordered the logic for an Elemental Incompatibility penalty so that the messaging occurs before the penalty spell is applied.
- - When the Mark of <type> buffs indicating which wing is safe are applied, all characters will also receive a buff that blocks up to 3 applications of Steaming Stone Scorch.

*** Spells ***

- Scribing a new rank of a spell will now try to auto-memorize the spell for you.
- Scribing reward set spells will always close your spellbook if updating your memorized spell list.
- Damaging Aura spells now report last hit damage to players who did not receive kill credit.
- Elemental Minion III will now summon the intended pet.

*** AA ***

- All - Fixed numerous description errors.
- All - Fixed an issue where Glyphs were unavailable at levels 69, 84, 99, and 114.
- All - Adjusted the levels that ranks 11-12 of each classes' Synergy ability can be purchased to match the required level of the spell or combat ability that triggers the ability.
- Bard - Improved the duration extension of all ranks of Selo's Sonata from 2 to 5 minutes.
- Beastlord - Improved the resist modifier for ranks 11-18 and 23-28 of Raven's Claw and Gorilla Smash.
- Berserker - Changed Binding Axe to trigger Lingering Wound when fading for any reason rather than only when fading to duration.
- Enchanter - Updated all ranks of Tashan's Lingering Cry to focus spells up to level 115.
- Enchanter - Self Stasis will now count down in buff-held zones.
- Enchanter - Changed the spell landed message on all ranks of Mental Contortion to differ from the Mind Shatter spell line.
- Enchanter - Changed the spell worn off messages for all ranks of Chromatic Haze and Gift of Chromatic Haze to be more unique.
- Magician - Updated all ranks of Steel Vengeance to include Shock of Burning Steel.
- Magician - Updated ranks 5-6 of Flames of Power to include Chaotic Pyroclasm.
- Necromancer - Updated all ranks of Funeral Pyre to focus spells up to level 115.
- Paladin - Fixed an issue where the duration of Inquisitor's Judgment ranks 16+ was less than intended.
- Rogue - Fixed ranks 7-8 of Focus: Exuberant Dagger-Throw to properly include Powerful Dagger-Throw.
- Shadowknight - Updated all ranks of Focused Bites to include Vulak's Bite.
- Shadowknight - Fixed an issue where the duration of Veil of Darkness ranks 2+ was less than was intended.
- Shaman - Inconspicuous Totem will now count down in buff-held zones.
- Warrior - Improved the resist modifier for all ranks of Gut Punch and Gut Punch Strike.
- Wizard - Updated ranks 3+ of Trifurcating Magic to allow Cryomancy to overwrite Arcane Disjunction Aura Effect.

*** NPCs ***

- Corrected an issue where pets and mounts could be left behind when their owner left the zone.
- Re-tuned rare spawns throughout Torment of Velious to address some that were spawning too frequently or too rarely.
- Zombies in Torment of Velious Great Divide now use newer zombie models.
- Thosgromri, and other rare creatures in Torment of Velious, will no longer equip the weapon augment Arctic Ornament and use it as a makeshift blender.
- Fixed a problem with some gargoyles in Velketor's Labyrinth that caused them to have a low chance to land attacks.
- Removed a rare that was spawning in the Kael Drakkel instance erroneously.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Guild teleport merchants will no longer sell Brilliant Frigid Gemstone until Torment of Velious unlocks.
- Veteran Reward AA abilities have been updated for progression servers to more closely reflect the timeline of their introduction.
- - The ability to claim Veteran Rewards on a character has been moved from Gates of Discord to Dragons of Norrath.
- - Abilities for years 1-7 (Lesson of the Devoted, Infusion of the Faithful, Chaotic Jester, Expedient Recovery, Steadfast Servant, Staunch Recovery, and Intensity of the Resolute) will now be usable starting with the release of Dragons of Norrath.
- - The 8th year ability, Throne of Heroes, will be usable with the release of Prophecy of Ro.
- - The 9th year ability, Armor of Experience, will be usable with the release of The Buried Sea.
- - The 10th year ability, Summon Resupply Agent, will be usable with the release of Secrets of Faydwer.
- - The 11th year ability, Summon Clockwork Banker, will be usable with the release of Seeds of Destruction.
- - The 12th year ability, Summon Permutation Peddler, will be usable with the release of Underfoot.
- - The 13th year ability, Summon Tribute Master, will be usable with the release of House of Thule.
- - The 14th year ability, Blessing of the Devoted, will be usable with the release of Veil of Alaris.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Special locations that allow the use of Bind Affinity on melee classes will now display a message when entering and exiting their boundaries.
- Addressed an issue that would cause the client to appear hung when it should have just closed due to graphics issues.
- Achievement links in tells now log correctly.
- Corrected an issue where Heroic Characters would not always have their AAs auto-granted.
- Added achievements for reaching level 115 skill caps.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue where the AA window wouldn't always update if Can Purchase was enabled.
- Corrected an issue where critical nukes caused by the innate wizard critical hit chance were not reported as critical hits.

- Changed -
EQUI_GroupSearchWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: Game Update Notes: January 15, 2020

Post by Goofydoofy »

Was hoping to see a change where you don't need to be 115 to use tier 2 or tradeskill gear. By the time I hit 115, another expansion will be out and this stuff won't even matter.
Level 113 Druid, Level 111 Enchanter, Level 111 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Ayragon
Whee!

Post by Ayragon »

yah me too, wtf is 115 required for gear. They dropped the ball on that one.

Bonesmasher
Whee!

Post by Bonesmasher »

No different than any other expansion.
TBL the battleworn and tradeskill gear is wearable by max lvl only, lvl 110. Makes no sense to add a new expansion and new gear and allow 110's to wear the tier 2 and tradeskill armour. That's what the Tier 1 is for if you need it, stopgap gear until you can wear the Tier 2.
I think you guys are looking at expansions that didn't have new levels added.

By far one of the easiest expansions to lvl in, boxing or not. (because I know people are going to point out that Sin and I box)
Sin and I are not super good at our alts. As an example when TBL dropped Sin and I had no chance of boxing most trials and heroics ourselves until Bone and Sin were raid geared and our alts were full tier 2 gear, basically overpowered for the tasks.
ToV however we were easily able to accomplish them with our crappy group.

Sin and I do offer ourselves up to help folks through the heroics in ToV so keep an eye out. Keep in mind that especially in GD and Kael you do need decent, not crazy high, but decent DPS to avoid the mechanics that make the events difficult.

Personally what keeps me coming back to EQ is the challenge. If I wanted EZ mode I would go play World of Warcraft.

Bone

Goofydoofy

Post by Goofydoofy »

I like a challenge but I can't solo the expansion. I've managed some tasks but I can only do so much. TBL was max level tier 2 gear, but the max level was 110 and has been for about three years. That's going to let everybody use it right away unless you are new to the game. I don't recall ever getting gear I couldn't use in this game because I was to low of a level. I might be wrong since it's been close to 20 years and 24 expansions.

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Goofydoofy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:06 pm
I like a challenge but I can't solo the expansion. I've managed some tasks but I can only do so much. TBL was max level tier 2 gear, but the max level was 110 and has been for about three years. That's going to let everybody use it right away unless you are new to the game. I don't recall ever getting gear I couldn't use in this game because I was to low of a level. I might be wrong since it's been close to 20 years and 24 expansions.
Back in the day you also probably werent doing t2 or back then t3 or 4 until you had leveled. The fact that folks are acquiring upper tier gear without needing to level and gear and aa before they could handle the later events is why the expansion is seen as too easy by alot of folks.

All of the missions are easily beatable when you first set foot in the expansion. This means its way too easy. Yes you might need a group, but weve never been able to solo the enitre expansion worth of content.

It may not be a bad thing though to let folks that struggled with tbl catch up some in this expansion. Personally I dont mind having more that I can do molo, im just not sure about the staying power of an expansion that was essentially beaten in the first couple days.

Heres to hoping we can step up enough to work through some of the new raids.

Bonesmasher
Whee!

Post by Bonesmasher »

Rashod wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pm
Goofydoofy wrote:
Back in the day you also probably werent doing t2 or back then t3 or 4 until you had leveled. The fact that folks are acquiring upper tier gear without needing to level and gear and aa before they could handle the later events is why the expansion is seen as too easy by alot of folks.

All of the missions are easily beatable when you first set foot in the expansion. This means its way too easy. Yes you might need a group, but weve never been able to solo the enitre expansion worth of content.

It may not be a bad thing though to let folks that struggled with tbl catch up some in this expansion. Personally I dont mind having more that I can do molo, im just not sure about the staying power of an expansion that was essentially beaten in the first couple days.

So less time spent on group content and more time for raiding? Count me in :)

Bone

Goofydoofy

Post by Goofydoofy »

Rashod wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pm
Goofydoofy wrote:

Yes, I think they talked about how TBL was extremely hard for the casual players and that is why this expansion was tweaked for them. They seem to be in a 5 year cycle or so. There is usually a bottleneck in the first zone for four years and they it's all pretty easy the fifth year. A few people whom completed all merc and partisan tasks only needed partisan two in Eastern Wastes. It didnt seem that hard when we did it and task added a few to get Champion. I've been able to molo merc in EW with some effort and I'm doing the same in Mines. Those mobs don't summon so I can typically boot and DoT the mobs for the kill tasks. I grouped the EW partisan tasks, but have no missions yet. I have no doubt, if I had the play time I used too, I'd be pretty far through on at least two of the three toons. I just get annoyed having gear sitting in my bank I can use. Oh well, I'm still playing.

Ayragon
Whee!

Post by Ayragon »

still the gear is an annoyance to me. The Tier 1 stuff is not wearable as the REC level is 115, the stats are way lower than the previous expansion. So basically finish the expansion, level to 115, and have gear waiting that you really don't need until the next expansion which will have more gear anyway.

Bonesmasher
Whee!

Post by Bonesmasher »

Ayragon wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:38 pm
still the gear is an annoyance to me. The Tier 1 stuff is not wearable as the REC level is 115, the stats are way lower than the previous expansion. So basically finish the expansion, level to 115, and have gear waiting that you really don't need until the next expansion which will have more gear anyway.
I agree that the tier 1 stuff is not overly useful as you will easily get the tier 2 along the way. To say that this gear is useless is false. for newer folks to the guild that raid or to folks that purely group it is not useless. For raiders it is good gear to swap out slots that are still grp gear from older expansions. For pure group toons it up's your stats above what you already had from older group gear. How that's not a benefit is beyond me.
Easier/faster kills of mobs for AA's, tradeskill farming, finishing up progression when you do hit 115.

as far as what level do you have to be when the tier 1 eclipses tier 1 TBL gear I am not sure as I could see from the launch of the expansion that Tier 1 gear wasn't worth my time. In fact it wasn't worth the time in TBL also.

Bone

Ayragon
Whee!

Post by Ayragon »

Just saying Tier 1 group gear in ToV doesn't surpass TBL group gear in stats until you hit 115. Should be REQ=111 and REC=113, not REC=115. I would say remove REC from all gear is you ask me.

Bonesmasher
Whee!

Post by Bonesmasher »

Ayragon wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:34 am
Just saying Tier 1 group gear in ToV doesn't surpass TBL group gear in stats until you hit 115. Should be REQ=111 and REC=113, not REC=115. I would say remove REC from all gear is you ask me.
How do you know this? Are you 114? I would like to see the proof of that or is it just rumour?
Not trying to be an ass but I looked at EoK, RoS, TBL and ToV T1 gear.
If you compare the potential stat upgrades from one expansion to the next you will see that the stat jump from TBL to ToV is huge compared to any other expansion. Given how the stats scale it looks to me like T1 ToV would eclipse T1 TBL at 114, maybe 113. At any rate, ToV armour is scaled no different than any other expansion, though I suspect the T1 ToV armour does eclipse the T1 TBL armour at 114 and possibly 113.
The way the T1 gear scales has not changed from other expansions. In fact it appears that you would eclipse the last expansions T1 gear sooner than any other expansion in the past.

Again, it's a mute point as unless you play purely in a group and not raiding I don't understand why you would even look at the T1 gear in any expansion, it's a waste of effort and plat to make. It's probably a waste of time even for pure group players who have TBL TS or the T2 group gear.
An argument could be made for a returning player that has gear several expansions old, but that's the players own fault and to be expected after taking a break.

Bone

Ayragon
Whee!

Post by Ayragon »

Yup I hear ya bone... and the gear is only for boxes. For certain, and using the T1 mask from Life Leach in CC as an example, the stats at 113 are well below the mask I use from GMM. Maybe 114 would be better, and only time will tell.

I was just hoping to gear up boxes a little at a time, like I did in TBL. That expansion I geared the box warrior in full L1 gear with some new augs, then L2 gear, then the tradeskill stull when muhbis would drop, made TBL exciting, not to mention a lot easier transitioning into T2 zones. In ToV there is no little at a time, its collect all the gear along the way, then hit 115 and BAM major gear upgrades. Likely just going to go back and fully deck out the warrior in Adamant Triumphant tradeskill and tough it out till 115.

Also, I have to remember not to put 115 REQ damage augs in my weapons at level 113, that doesn't work out too well.

Goofydoofy

Post by Goofydoofy »

Most T1 gear is no better than TBL gear, if you are under the rec level, since you won't be getting the full stats. As you get higher up to 114, then T1 is better. But, it's still completely stupid how they are doing it.