Overseer system overview

Moderator: Littlabit

Jhereg
Whee!

Overseer system overview

Post by Jhereg »

Overseer overview

I don't have all the answers on it but here is my current understanding based on using it. I haven't bothered to track down sites for it though. So if someone has a link to a guide please post below.

Allakhazam's page for it thanks to Glauri
Two discussions on it on the Daybreak forums: Starter Guide, Discussion

- /Overseer is account not character based, you can start a Quest on one char and receive the XP on another over 85th character

- Mostly good for gathering tradeskill items from Seeds of Destruction through The Burning Lands

- Overseeer Tetradrachms are another reward, can buy stuff from a merchant outside the PoK library, far side from the entrance

- Mercenary Experience is another optional reward

- Final optional reward is Ornamentation Dispensers, not offered by all missions

Quests
- Quest offered in the list change at 12:30 PM EST and again at 12:30 AM EST

- Quests have both rarity(shown with colors) and the more subtle Levels. You can get a Level 1 Uncommon Crafting quest

- Uncommon, Rare and Elite missions have higher requirements for the Skill of the main Agent(top most in the Quest party)

- Level 2 missions also have higher requirements for the Skill of the main Agent

- Just below the Quest Party section is the required skill, ex. Merchant (2), Military (5), etc. without an Agent who has that ability available you can't take the quest

- Conversion quests destroy 3 of a lower level and give you 1 of a higher. The type you get though is random, you can't take 3 commons with Military skill and get 1 Uncommon with Military skill except by luck

- The leftmost of the Available Agents have the highest skill, but not always the highest success rate due to Bonus Traits

- If a Level 1 Diplomacy mission has a success rate of 79% with a Fallen Noble [Diplomat (1) skill], then a Priest of Discord with a [Diplomat (1) skill] will have 80%, a [Diplomat (3) skill] will have 81%, etc.

- Matching a Bonus Trait seems to be a 3% improvement, matching 2 is 6-7% on success, but there seems to be caps between the Skills and Traits

- Critical Successes in missions gives a reward of an extra agent and more xp as an option

- I've seen exactly one Double Critical Success, it offered 2 extra agents

Recommedations
- Convert duplicates with the Conversion quets. So if you have 2 Sellers, 2 Werewolves, 2 Wanderers, take 1 of each and make an Uncommon. Some uncommon duplicates might be keeping if you are doing a lot of a specific type of quest like Druids for Harvesting.

- Take all the Recruitment quests possible, you might eventually not be able to do many as you'll slowly be offered Uncommon, Rare and eventually Elite Recruitments but in the short run it gives you a lot more options for quests

- Don't convert all of your commons or you won't be able to do 5 quests consistently

Agents
- All them have Jobs with skills and various Traits, higher rarity agents have higher skills but that doesn't mean if you have 10 Elites and zero others you'd be able to do most jobs, you'd likely end up missing many required skills

Allakhazam lists 131 Commons, 28 Uncommon(including 2 Iconic ones), 22 Rares, and 9 Elites.

Stats
- If you level up your bar for something like Plunder to level 2, you'll start to be offered Level 2 Plunder missions occasionally.
- I have yet to see a Recovery mission offered so that bar hasn't moved

Anything important I miss? A lot of people missed the roll out of this. The system really doesn't provide much, but it is also really easy have running as a mild bonus to xp/etc.

Edited to add Glauri's information
Glauri
Whee!

Re: Overseer system overview

Post by Glauri »

There is a list of agents and their rarity here at Allakhazam, but I am unsure as to how complete it might be.
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri
Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg »

Thanks, that makes 131 Common, 28 Uncommon (including 2 Uncommon Iconic) 22 Rare, 9 Elite.

I have to admit I don't understand why I'm getting so many repeats of Commons if I have around 1/2 of them. Or what the difference is between Uncommon and Uncommon Iconic. Still more to learn.

Edited the original with that info, thanks again.
Fnord
Whee!

Post by Fnord »

Thats not quite the right breadown I don't think...there was a thread on the eq boards with some different totals.
Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri »

This link will take you to the OverSeer guide on the EQ Forums. And this is a link to yet another discussion of OverSeer on the forums.
Glauri
Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Jhereg wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:13 pm
Thanks, that makes 131 Common, 28 Uncommon (including 2 Uncommon Iconic) 22 Rare, 9 Elite.

I have to admit I don't understand why I'm getting so many repeats of Commons if I have around 1/2 of them. Or what the difference is between Uncommon and Uncommon Iconic. Still more to learn.

Edited the original with that info, thanks again.
As I understand it "iconic" are real individuals and you can only use one of the same iconic character at a time even if you have more than one.
Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg »

Thanks Glauri, Rashod. Trying to get everything into one post for returning members and others and that helps.
Cheeops
Whee!

Post by Cheeops »

I enjoy the exp bump daily the most. lets me stay in AA acquisition mode and still gain exp slow
Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg »

I started going through my list and noticed a few Uncommons and a Rare that weren't on Allakhazam's list. Likely they will go up eventually as people update it.
Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri »

Been doing these 'missions' for a while now, and still have no NPCs that can do any of the Green or Yellow quests, and frequently don't have one to do the recruitment quests. Do I just need to be patient, or is there something I'm doing wrong?
Glauri
Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Glauri wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 pm
Been doing these 'missions' for a while now, and still have no NPCs that can do any of the Green or Yellow quests, and frequently don't have one to do the recruitment quests. Do I just need to be patient, or is there something I'm doing wrong?
I think you hve to convert commons to uncommons for the most part to be able to do the higher level ones. Im still just being patient and only converting duplicates, but im not sure if thats the best way or not.
Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri »

Alright, Rashod -- I'll do the same. I haven't converted any yet because I have only a few duplicates. But I'll be patient!
Glauri
Farrens
Whee!

Post by Farrens »

I would reinforce only doing conversions with duplicates. That way you remain able to do the common missions.
Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri »

What does the (2) indicate after the word "Scholar"?

What does the "!" and the "?" mean?

I'm confused!! Again!! lol
Attachments
agents.PNG
agents.PNG (90.56 KiB) Viewed 6356 times
Glauri
Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Glauri wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:10 pm
What does the (2) indicate after the word "Scholar"?

What does the "!" and the "?" mean?

I'm confused!! Again!! lol
The (2) of that level of class required, needs a level 2 scholar. The ! Is required and the ? Is optional.
Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri »

Many thanks, Rashod!!
Glauri
Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg »

If you go to your Agents tab you'll and click on some you will see they all have 2 jobs, for example Uncommon Iconic Challice has Scholar (3), Merchant(1). So she can do any Scholar quest that needs less than 4, and Merchant 1 quests.
Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri »

Jhereg wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:47 pm
If you go to your Agents tab you'll and click on some you will see they all have 2 jobs, for example Uncommon Iconic Challice has Scholar (3), Merchant(1). So she can do any Scholar quest that needs less than 4, and Merchant 1 quests.
I was completely unaware of that. Thank you!!
Glauri
Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg »

For some reason I'd never really looked closely at the Ornament option, I thought it was to get things to convert weapons based on the one time I looked at it. But some missions offer pieces that when you have 4 you can get a collectible from all the expansions except Torment of Velious.

It is a bit of a search for the right missions etc but you can fill in spots in your Collections slowly with it.

I assume a lot of people knew it before I found out but just in case someone also didn't know, now you do!
Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Post by Goofydoofy »

I didn't know. I've strictly chosen player or merc exp.
Level 115 Druid, Level 115 Enchanter, Level 115 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Meso
Whee!

Post by Meso »

Jhereg wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:23 pm
For some reason I'd never really looked closely at the Ornament option, I thought it was to get things to convert weapons based on the one time I looked at it. But some missions offer pieces that when you have 4 you can get a collectible from all the expansions except Torment of Velious.

It is a bit of a search for the right missions etc but you can fill in spots in your Collections slowly with it.

I assume a lot of people knew it before I found out but just in case someone also didn't know, now you do!
Some tasks have a collections dispenser option which will grant one or more pieces of a collections dispenser depending on difficulty and/or "critical success" of a task. You combine 4 pieces to make a one time use dispenser that lets you choose any pre-TOV collectable item.

So are you saying the ornamentation dispenser gives collectibles as well?
Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg »

No Mesomeso, I'd seen the last reward early on was an Ornamentation Dispenser, got it once, thought it useless and never looked twice at the names from then on so hadn't seen the "Collection Item Dispensers". I had tunnel vision and picked usually the first or second options.

Never occurred to me that there might be more than one type of dispenser.
grothicus
Whee!

Post by grothicus »

Glauri wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:37 pm
Alright, Rashod -- I'll do the same. I haven't converted any yet because I have only a few duplicates. But I'll be patient!
OK I converted a few characters and they disappeared from my agents list...I have the drop down menus selected to all rarities and all jobs and all traits....do I wait til roll over before they are brought back or are they gone forever?
TRUE FRIENDS ARE HARD TO FIND, SO , HANG ON TO THE ONES YOU HAVE...BECAUSE WHO ELSE WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE MESSING UP YOUR LIFE!
Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg »

grothicus wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:04 am
Glauri wrote:
OK I converted a few characters and they disappeared from my agents list...I have the drop down menus selected to all rarities and all jobs and all traits....do I wait til roll over before they are brought back or are they gone forever?
Replied in game, but it should show in logs if you didn't notice at the time. When you collect the reward you get 4 lines of yellow(on my settings) text saying which agent was added and which 3 were removed.
Mattmarr
Whee!

Post by Mattmarr »

grothicus wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:04 am
Glauri wrote:
That's what converting does. You're converting X agents to get new agents. You should only use conversions if you have 2 or more of an agent.
Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Post by Goofydoofy »

And the agent you get is higher. That's why you lose 3 and gain 1.
Level 115 Druid, Level 115 Enchanter, Level 115 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri »

Is there any way to get AA using the Overseer system? Even if I set my AA Window to 100% exp. to AA, if I collect my Overseer reward as character experience, I get nothing for my AA.
Glauri
Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Glauri wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:04 am
Is there any way to get AA using the Overseer system? Even if I set my AA Window to 100% exp. to AA, if I collect my Overseer reward as character experience, I get nothing for my AA.
Only if you use it to finish collections.
Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri »

Okay, thanks!
Glauri
Izzumn
Whee!

Post by Izzumn »

One issue I have seen in the Overseer system is the highest 2 ranks of Agents... Elite and Rare (I think) if you have a duplicate and one of them is in a mission the other one will not be available for any missions. Even if the second copy is not assigned to a task it will not show up as available when picking new tasks. And if you have 2 Elite agents of the same name and chose to retire one it will become a token you can claim for XP in the skills on the last tab or 2 of the agents from the previous class.